Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

In Search of Humanity...or Divinity.. ??


For miles around I see no ray of light
For centuries ahead there seems to be no hope of a change
For generations beyond, I see humanity losing every battle it fights

On millions of faces I meet, I yearn to see a smile
For scores of hearts wounded by pain, I see no justice in store
For all the eyes blinded by tears of anguish
I see neither a caring soul, nor better times to wipe them
For all the hands bound by deep, deeper and deepest bruises
I see no soothing hand coming from anywhere for a healing touch
For all the warriors wounded in the tracks of life
I see neither a beginning coming, nor a ground where they can rest
For all the emotions hurt in the journey of relations
I see no hope of a heart that finally understands them
For all the birds flying in the skies endlessly, yet aimlessly
I see no destination in sight they can call their own
For all the waves gushing out of the heart of the mighty ocean
That have no choice but to retreat from the mightier shores
I see no shore that will allow them to stay there even for an extended moment
For all the moments lost without fulfilling any purpose
I see no way in which they will restore meaning to their existence or history
For all the horizons that go un-noticed,
I don’t see how they will ever make any difference to anyone
For all the raindrops that fail to penetrate into the depths of the soil
I see nowhere they can go, except return to where they started from
For all the dreams that lived and died in blurring sight of failing vision
I see no heart they can seek refuge in the hope of a revival
For all lives spent in brightening the corner where they are,
I see these corners not getting any brighter, but these lives
Getting darker with every passing moment
And for all these broken and tired souls, injured for being human
I don’t see even the Divinity shed a tear over their cruel Destinies

No comments:

Post a Comment